Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Finn!

Sorry it has been so long...there is so much going on it seems...baby showers, weddings, babies being born, packing, (BTW we are moving to a different house here in Brevard) it never ends. We did celebrate Finn's very first birthday however. It was soooo much fun...we had it at the skatepark here in town, appropriate... considering Michael spent so much of his time there in the early part of our marriage. There were about 50+ people that showed up. The park was closed to the public so all the little ones could slide down the ramps, ride their bikes, trikes, scooter's, etc...My mom, sister and I made tons of little sandwiches, we had string cheese, yogurt, guacamole, chips and salsa...it was a really great spread. I had the local bakery made his cake, it was a carrot cake, I had them hold the icing, becuase I wanted to make my own that was low on the sugar. So my mom made a homeade whipped cream icing...I think it only ended up having like 2 tbsp of sugar in the entire bath of icing. They were able to cut the cake into a no. 1...which turned out so cute. Overall it was the perfect venue for the party and for a bunch of children all under the age of 3 to run and play like crazy. We are so blessed to have been surrounded by so many friends and family. By the way did I mention,

I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment